Dental Implants: The Cost Saving Way to Restore Missing Teeth in Scarsdale, NY
Did you know that if you choose to do nothing about your missing teeth you may end up spending much more in the future than if you invested in dental implants now? Missing teeth that are not replaced with permanent implants can cause you to:
- Develop serious bone loss in your jaw that will have to be repaired via surgical procedures
- Risk the movement of surrounding teeth to fill the void left by missing teeth
- Incur changes in speech, facial structure, and diet
Although there is an upfront tooth implant cost associated with replacing missing teeth, the tooth implant cost pales in comparison to what you are likely to eventually spend if you do not complete your smile.
To learn more about dental implants cost in Scarsdale, NY, please call Dr. Paul Snisky and Dr. Stephen Stein.
The Factors Involved in Determining Tooth Implant Cost
Because every patient’s situation is unique, each patient will have a different tooth implant cost associated with his or her mouth. Some of the factors that may change how much you may spend out of pocket include:
- The type of dental or health insurance you have
- Some insurance carriers will cover part or all of dental implant surgery.
- The number of teeth you need to have replaced
- If you have more than one missing teeth, your tooth implant cost will increase. However, this does not mean that two dental implants will cost twice as much as one dental implant. There may be savings available.
- Whether you have lost any bone
- Your jaw bone has to be healthy and strong to support your dental implants. In the case that it is not, other surgical procedures will need to be completed before you can receive your tooth implants.
- If you have periodontal disease that has not been addressed
- Periodontal disease should be dealt with before dental implants can be placed.
- If you require a tooth extraction
- You may not have a missing tooth, but may have one that is in poor shape. In this case, the original tooth will be extracted before the dental implant surgery can begin.
Because every patient who trusts his or her oral health to Dr. Snisky and Dr. Stein has a unique background and individual needs, it is important for you to call our office and let us know that you wish to discuss dental implants cost. Contact us today to schedule your personalized appointment.