There is some excitement in the air as we prepare the office to reopen. We have missed seeing you and can’t wait to reconnect. After speaking with many patients the consensus is “it’s time to get back to normal“ We are here to facilitate that process because “normal '' is having excellent oral health. That is our mission.
We are ready, willing and able to help you get healthy and stay healthy. As you know the office maintains the strictest infectious control practices even prior to the Covid pandemic.
When you return to the office you will see some additional changes that will ensure your and our safety.
Prior to your appointment:
- We will review your medical and recent social history together.
- If you are feeling ill or have been in contact with a Covid positive or suspected positive person we will ask for you to reschedule your appointment for 14 days.
Upon arrival to the office:
- We ask that you please wear a facemask or covering that covers both your mouth and nose.
- Please keep your face covered during the entire time while you are in the office, until you are seated in the dental Operatory.
- We will take your temperature with a non-contact thermometer.
- We will take your oxygen saturation rate and pulse with a finger pulse oximeter.
- If you have a high temperature or a low oxygen saturation rate we will refer you to your physician for evaluation and treatment
- There will be hand sanitizer at the front desk for you to use.
- We will seat you quickly in a private dental room.
- There are two seats available that are 6 feet apart in the waiting room but we ask that anyone who comes with you to your appointment should wait in their car until you’re finished.
After your procedure is complete:
- Please place your mask or face covering back on to completely cover both your mouth and nose prior to going to the front desk.
As always, all dental equipment and surfaces will be thoroughly sterilized and disinfected between patients. To further enhance our infection control procedures we have taken three additional steps that will keep us all healthy.
- We have installed an air scrubber unit with active pure technology in our HVAC vents. This unit cleans the air coming in and reduces microbial populations on surfaces using safe oxidizers.
- A beyond guardian air filtration unit has been installed in the office. The guardian is better than HEPA filtration, it uses ionization in the act of pure technology to destroy up to 99% of contaminants in the air and on surfaces.
- Extra oral suction units will be used during procedures that produce aerosols. These units remove the aerosols and disinfects the droplets preventing them from spreading throughout the office.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you in our staff safe During your dental visit. To make an appointment please call 914-723-0808 and visit our website at scarsdaledentalspecialists.com.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty over the years and we can’t wait to see your smiles again.